How to Make Money Online with ClickbankTHIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
How can I Make Money Online Using Clickbank?
In this questionable economy, everyone entertains the idea of make money online. You probably have that friend of a friend who swears there is a plethora of easy money to be had working with the internet. While your friend is most likely exaggerating about his riches, there is a large grain of truth his statement. Although it is not as quick and easy as your friend may suggestion, there are legitimate and lucrative ways to make money online.
Truthfully, the odds that you will be get rich and retire young using internet-based income are extremely minimal, but, with the right program, it is totally feasible that you can garner enough extra passive income to finance that dream vacation, make that overdue mortgage payment, or supplement that retirement savings account.
Be wary of any marketing program offering “get rich quick” schemes. I’ve learned that those who are “getting rich quickly” are usually the owners of the programs, and not us participants. And many of the marketing programs that disguise themselves as affiliates are nothing more than pyramid schemes, the type of which requires you to invest a bit of your soul and a lot of your money before you begin to see any type of minimal return on your investment. I sorted through many websites, blogs, magazine articles and user testimonials, weeding out the scammers and those with overpriced start-up
What Do I Need For This Tutorial?
Although nothing is required for you to read through this tutorial for information, there are a few requirements you’ll need to have if you are ready to start making money online with the Clickbank program.
1) A Bank Account
Commission payments distributed by direct deposit to your bank account. Once you’ve established your user account, you’ll enter your checking account number and routing information to obtain your payments. If you don’t have a traditional brick-and-mortar bank account, you can still receive your money using one of the many online debit
2) An Internet Platform – cross advertise blogs and websites on social media
Internet blogs are one of the most efficient ways of promoting an affiliate product or service. Using your personal blog hosted through WordPress, Blogger, Tumbler, or Wix as a promotional tool allows you to offer your readers products or services that are of interest to them. To ensure effective marketing, select a product or service that coincides with the topic of your blog posts. If you host a fashion and beauty blog, select the cosmetic or clothing lines that will peak the interest of your readers. If you host an automotive blog, your readers are receptive to marketing plugs for custom automobile sound systems or high-end auto parts. The key to marketing via personal blogs is to know your reader base and cater to their interests
If you have your own domain name, you can take advantage of having your own personal space in which to promote products and services without the distraction of the outside advertising that often comes with free blog hosting services. You can purchase a fairly inexpensive, customized internet domain from sites like GoDaddy.com and NameCheap.com. These sites can not only provide you with a domain name of your
Social media is an excellent platform with which to promote products and services. If you’re a consistent poster
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started is neither time-consuming nor expensive. You can use the same account as either an affiliate or a vendor. Follow the steps below to create your account.
Create an Account
Use the following steps to sign up for your account. Although the process is fairly simple, you can consult the support section for assistance if you need additional help.
1. Follow the link on the home page to the sign-up form. Once you’ve accessed the form, fill out the requested information. Make sure all your information is correct.
2. Choose and enter a nickname. You can use up to ten characters, in any combination of numbers and letters. Nicknames cannot contain punctuation or symbols. Your nickname should be something catchy and easy for you to remember. Once you have finished entering the necessary information, review the client contract and check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions. Once the client contract agreement box is checked, click the submit button at the bottom of the page.
3. You will receive a confirmation email at the email address you provided during sign-up. You must confirm your address to complete your account. To do so, click on the address confirmation link in the body of the email, and your account will be complete and ready to use.
Fees and Charges
If you’ve written the next great American novel or created the world’s best mousetrap, the one-time vendor cost for creating an account is $49.95. The transaction fee for vendor accounts is 7.5% of the item cost plus $1. Additionally, there is a $2.50 pay period processing charge for every payment that is issued to you. You can alter a number of accumulated fees to avoid any fees from your bank eating into your profits Affiliate accounts are free.
- One time payment: $49.95
- Transaction Fees for vendor account: 7.5% of amount transact+$1
- Processing charges of every payment received: $2.50
- No payment needed
- No transaction fees
- No processing charges
Choose a Product or Service to Promote
Find Your Niche
Before you randomly pick a product to promote, figure out your niche. You niche will be something that’s based on your personal interests – a hobby, a cause, or a rising trend. The more passionate you are about your product, the better you will be able to sell it. Ideally, you should be very knowledgeable about not only the product, but the subject in general. You will have a hard time selling organic plant food or ergonomic garden tools when you know nothing about gardening.
Once you’ve picked a niche, personalize it using your subject knowledge. For example, if you choose to promote hair products, don’t choose any kid of hair product to promote. Select products for a specific hair type – curly hair, colored hair, grey hair. Or select products that cater to a specific lifestyle or problem, such as busy mothers with little time for salon visits, people with thinning, balding hair, or fitness fanatics who need to solutions to frequent shampooing and styling.
Select a Product
Now that you’ve figured out your niche, you’re ready to select your products to promote.
1) Go to the Marketplace section of the website and search for a product. There are 23 categories from which to browse. Or, if you know exactly what you are looking for, there is a search bar in which you will type a topic or product name. The results can be sorted for easy selection.
The product page will tell you the cost of your product, the percentage you’ll receive as an affiliate, and the selling rate of the product (called “gravity” on the site). Picking a best seller will give you greater chances of making sales, but it will also give you more competition with other affiliates.
Below are some important keywords in Clickbank you must understand in order to choose a good product.
Important Key Terms
- Initial $/Sale: Average amount of (Initial sales + One-time Upsell + Refunds + Chargebacks + Sales Tax)
- Avg Rebill Total: Average amount of an affiliate make on rebilled sales. (Only shown for product which offers recurring billing such as membership and subscriptions not include initial sale amount)
- Avg $/sale: Average total (Initial sale + all rebills) / Number of initial sales
- Avg %/sale: Average commision rate (One-time purchases + rebills + upsells purchases)
- Avg %/rebill: Average commission rate of the rebills only
- Grav: Gravity which is number calculated by formula represent performance statistic of a product over the past weeks. The higher number represent more recent transactions, more popularm more competitions.
- Cat: Category of the products
Look for products that have a recurring billing cycle such as subscriptions or membership sites. You’ll receive your commission every time the customer renews at the end of a cycle. Also, look for vendors that offer upsell or cross-sell products. These are products that have other tie-in products available, such as a cookbook especially created for a specific food steamer, or a workout DVD made for a specific fitness equipment product. These types of products increase your chances of additional sales through tie-in items.
This instructional video from Affiliate Marketing Team demonstrates in detail the many options you can utilize when making your product choice.
2) After you’ve decided on which product or service to promote, click the Promote button to the right of the listing. Clicking the promote button generates a customized “Hoplink” url that you’ll place in your chosen advertising platform. Each time your readers make a purchase from the vendor using your Hoplink, you get a commission from that sale.
Promote and Make Money!
To insert the Hoplink into your Facebook or Twitter post, or to insert the link into your blog, simply copy the customized Hoplink HTML code created once you’ve clicked the “Promote” button and paste it into your desired post or blog entry. For help inserting your affiliate link into your blog or social media post, The home page has several affiliate resources, including a blog and detailed “Knowledge Base” page filled with help topics and FAQ’s.
Tips & Tricks: Use Thirsty Affiliate beautify your affiliate link which makes your links looks professional.
There are several ways to drive traffic to the vendor site using the Hoplink:
1) Direct Email Marketing
There are many email marketing providers and
2) Create an Affiliate Promotions Page or Blog Post
Make your page effective by adding product reviews and photographs of the product in use. Including other tie-in products will increase sales. Include a link to your page in your emails to your customer list.
3) Social Media Marketing
Post photos of yourself wearing or using the product, or reviews of the product and include the
Affiliate marketing has proven to be one of the most effective ways to make money online. The more sales you make, the more money you earn. Although the idea of this type of marketing can be intimidating to those of us with no background in marketing or sales, it can be profitable with a time and research. Research and planning will play a large part in your success with upkeep and monitoring of your chosen platforms coming in at a close second.
There are many informative videos, websites, and e-books available that will give tips and trick to increase your visibility and sales. Although there are marketing books and course videos available for purchase, it is not necessary to spend money on any of these products to be successful. Pay attention to television and radio advertising, and review news and entertainment websites to keep abreast of rising trends that lead to additional sales. You can have more than once niche – the greater your interests, the more products you’ll be able to promote. Make your promotional posts entertaining and informative, and your followers will have faith in your opinions and your products.
If you have had previous success with this type of marketing, please feel free to share your tips and ideas in the comments section. And if you’ve found this article helpful, please share it with others. Please leave me comment below about your ideas and thought on this articles.